Our Car Seat Comparison Guide
Saturday, December 24, 2016
With so many car seat brands out there, it’s important you do your research before you choose a seat for your little one. You need to weigh up a number of factors in order to find a car seat that will keep your baby safe. Take a look at our car seat comparison guide between the top convertible baby car seat brands, so you can spend less time researching and more time preparing for the arrival of your little bundle of joy.
With so many car seat brands out there, it's important you do your research before you choose a seat for your little one. You need to weigh up a number of factors in order to find a car seat that will keep your baby safe.
At Baby Train, we're dedicated our business to sourcing the best baby car seats on the market to suit our customer’s individual needs. We have years of experience ensuring that our customers purchase the correct seat for their car, their baby and their lifestyle. So, with our customer’s in mind we have done a little comparison between the top convertible baby car seat brands, so you can spend less time researching and more time preparing for the arrival of your little bundle of joy.
Britax Safe N Sound Car Seats
Britax’s range of Safe n Sound car seats are a perennial favourite with Aussie parents.
The team at Britax have spent years developing the following technology to keep your baby as safe as possible:
- The Side Impact Cushion Technology (SICT) around your child’s head provides an extra layer of security in the event of side impact
- Active Head Restraint (AHR) technology adds to this protection and the best part is both of these elements can be adjusted as your baby grows so they will enjoy this protection for as long as they use the seat
- The Millenia features ISOFIX anchorage technology for ease of installation into compatible vehicles.
- The Thermo5™ Bamboo Fabric draws moisture away from the body giving your child a comfortable, soft fabric to nestle into.
The Platinum Pro car seat comes with plenty of features, and is regarded as Britax Safe N Sound’s most advanced convertible baby car seat.
Some of its incredible features include:
- SICT technology for both the head and torso, offering complete protection from side impact
- Flexi Infant Safety Cushion™ that is designed to absorb energy and force from a crash as well as provide ventilation for superior comfort and breathability
- Also made out of Thermo5™ Bamboo Fabric, so your baby will be safe and comfortable for those long trips in the car
Both of these baby car seats are a great choice as they can be used up until the age of four - it really is a long-term investment. The Safe n Sound range also took out the award for the highest rated baby car seat in the recent Essential Baby poll.
Infa Secure Car Seats
Infa Secure car seats are made with love. This Australian family business has been around for four generations, or 60 years, and they continue to push the envelope when it comes to child car seat technology.
Infa secure developed the Quattro Treo to be in line with the best safety practice and easy to use features based on consumer feedback.
- The most narrow convertible car seat on the Australian market which allows you to fit three seats across the back seat of a car
- Compact length preserves the comfort and safety of the front seat passenger
- Your child can remain rearward facing until approximately 30 months of age
- Incorporates Secur-air triple-layer crash protection and Air Cocoon technology to provide comprehensive crash protection
- The active fabric is durable and breathable - it will last forever and keep your baby comfortable
- Twist and lift feature allows you to easily adjust the seat with one hand
- 9 recline positions means your child can sit in their favourite position
Australia’s only A4/G-Type car seat on the market suitable from birth to approximately 8 years of age:
- Allows for extended rearward facing to approximately 30 months and extended harnessing to approximately 8 years of age.
- Like the Quattro, the Grandeur Treo also offers Secur-air triple-layer crash protection and Air Cocoon technology, active fabric, twist and lift and 9 recline positions.
Both of these car seats are a fantastic option if you are looking for longevity and/or need to fit three across into your car.
Maxi Cosi Car Seats
Maxi Cosi is Europe’s most popular and trusted car seat brand and has certainly made its mark in Australia.
New to the market in 2016 and offers the latest European styling.
- Air Protect technology, which releases air into the side head protectors and the side torso area at the moment of impact to provide extra protection
- It has 3 recline positions for baby’s comfort
- The option to keep your child in rearward facing position for up to 30 months
- Isogo easy-install and ISOFIX compatible anchorage points make it easy to safely install the seat
- The ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric will keep your baby cool, comfortable and dry for the entirety of their ride
- Adjustable base positions mean the seat can fit in a variety of vehicle sizes/types
- New harness guides to help prevent twisting of the harness straps
- QuickFit harness system means you can adjust the height of the seat without having to remove it.
This second generation Euro car seat goes the extra mile in torso protection from a side impact.
- Features GCELL Next Gen crash absorption technology, which can only be found in Maxi Cosi car seats
- Like the Vela, the Euro Nxt also offers Air Protect technology, 3 recline positions, extended rearward facing, ISOGO, ‘Cool Baby’ wicking fabric, adjustable base and QuickFit harness system.
The New Moda Convertible car seat is a luxury version of the EURO NXT. It features all the same technology with the addition of harness guides and holders to prevent twisting. To give you an idea of how confident Maxi-Cosi are with the quality of this seat they’ve attached a 10-year warranty to the shell of the seat and a 3 year warranty to the fabric. This is a seat that will still be perfect for your second, third, fourth and even fifth child.
So WHICH CAR SEAT IS BEST?
All of these seats by Maxi Cosi, Infa Secure and Britax offer quality and safety - it really just comes down to what will suit your lifestyle and vehicle and what you feel comfortable with when it comes to protecting your little one.
Baby Train offer an extensive range of baby capsules, convertible car seats, forward facing car seats and booster seats. We also specialise in car seat fitting seven days a week. Bookings for car seat installations are essential. Appointments are available between 10am and 3pm every day.
If you'd like more obligation free advice on what the right car is for you or to make a booking for a car seat fitting, please call 1300 844 616 or visit us in store.